UD’s privacy principles are as set out below:
• Providing Information to UD is User’s choice.
• User can choose to have the Information provided by him/her deleted.
• User always has the ability to opt-out of receiving communications from the Site or apps.
2. Collection of Information and Purpose
The Information provided by the User to UD is or could be the following of the User:
1. Registration Data which may include all the data and information supplied by the User while registering.
2. Billing, tax registration, and other information pertaining to User’s transactions on the Site or related to the Services.
3. Debit or credit card details or other bank account details provided by the User while accessing any particular Services offered on the Site.
4. User Material
5. If the User has accessed or engaged with the Site or Services through a social media service, UD may collect any information which the User may have permitted the social media service to share with UD, and any information which has been made public by the User with the social media service.
6. User’s usage behavior of the website or interests, purchasing behavior, other traceable activities online, on apps and on mobile such as destinations visited, viewed advertisements or content viewed.
7. Details of the computer system or computer network which User uses to visit the Site and undertake any activity on the Site, such as a unique device identifier including user behavior from web based cookies, session identifiers from device id, commercially available services, data aggregator platforms.
8. User preferences (e.g., preferred language settings);
9. URL, IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of internet service provider, and other types of computer and connection related information relevant to identifying User type of device, connecting to the Site, enabling data exchange with the User and his/her device, and ensuring a convenient use of the Site;
10. Subpages visited while on our website, links followed on the website, including date and time;
11. Service requests and orders placed;
12. Transaction history, including open and completed transactions;
13. Search terms entered;
14. Services/products viewed or searched for on the Site;
15. Information collected by cookies or similar technologies (as described in the next paragraph);
16. Newsletter subscriptions, enrollment for promotions, use of special offers, etc.
17. Consents, authorizations, etc. granted;
18. Survey answers, reviews, ratings and other types of feedback provided;
19. Content of any communication sent through the Site, including any information posted in social communities on the Site or otherwise shared, as well as chat messages and chat transcripts;
20. Information on software downloaded from the Site; and
21. Any other information that User enters on, or uploads to, the Site.
UD may also use User’s Information for content recommendations, transactional emails or to provide User with information, direct marketing, online and offline advertising and other materials regarding products, services and other offers from time to time in connection with the Site or its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies (“Platform Entities”) and its joint ventures.
UD may also collect the Information to track User behavior and preferences for internal analytics of all Users of the Site. UD may also use your information: (i) to evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services; (ii) to perform analytics and conduct customer research, including general market research or surveying our customers’ needs and opinions on specific issues, generating sales and traffic patterns, and to analyze advertising effectiveness, both on an anonymous basis (e.g., by aggregating data) or on an individual basis (if legally permissible);
UD may combine User’s Information, other information and information collected from tracking technologies and aggregate it with information collected from other Users using the Site to attempt to provide the User with the Services and a better experience on the Site.
You understand, agree and acknowledge that collection, storage and processing of User’s Information is for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of the Platform Entities and its joint ventures. User hereby consents to the collection, storage, use, disclosure, transfer, of his/her Information for the purposes set out herein. User further understands, agrees and acknowledges that his/her Information is considered necessary for UD to provide various services on its Site to the User for his/her usage of the Site and Services and User affirmatively consents to its collection, storage, transfer and processing.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
UD shall exercise due care for the prevention of unauthorized disclosure of the Information provided by the Users. UD may enable access of the Users’ information to the Platform Entities, joint ventures, business partners, agents or third parties for the purposes of the services provided by them or for any other marketing related activity undertaken by or on behalf of the Platform Entities and/or its joint ventures, and/or for the purposes of enhancing the quality of the Services on the Site, and the User expressly consents to the same.
UD will use the Information to such extent as UD may deem necessary for User to enter into commercial transactions with the Site. Recipients of User’s Information may be located in any country. This may include countries where applicable data protection laws provide a lesser degree of protection than User’s home country.
4. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
UD cooperates with mandated government and law enforcement agencies or with regulatory authorities to enforce and comply with the applicable law. UD will also disclose any Information about the User to government and law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities or private parties without User’s permission as UD, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to valid claims and legal process, to protect the property and rights of UD or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. UD may also provide User’s Information to various tax authorities upon any demand or request from them.
5. Business Transfers
UD may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including the User’s Information, at the time of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. Should such a transaction occur, UD will ensure that
6. Email Policies
UD may use the Information for the aforementioned purposes of the Services/Site. User shall have full control regarding which emails User wants to receive. If User decides at any time that he/she no longer wishes to receive such communications from UD, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. Please note that once UD receives such request, it may take an additional period of time for the opt-out to become effective.
7. Data Security
UD understands the importance of data security and therefore has implemented reasonable safeguards and precautions to protect the Information, including technical and organizational measures against unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss, both in an online and offline context.
UD maintains technical and organizational security measures and procedures to protect the security of the Information, which are consistent with measures used by other similar websites.
Please understand that, while UD strives to protect the Information against potential risks and exposures, there is no absolute security in the online sphere. Hence, UD seeks your support with our IT security efforts by not disclosing any data on the Site that is particularly sensitive or not required in the specific context. In this context, please note that credit card credentials will not be stored absent User’s explicit permission. Furthermore, User can help to protect the Information by signing off when the User finishes using login-protected areas of the Site.
8. Deleting Information
If User wishes to have the Information provided by him/her to UD, deleted, User can always do so by sending a request to UD on firstname.lastname@example.org. User may note that deletion of certain Information may lead to cancellation of his/her registration with the Site and User’s access to certain features of the Site, as well as cessation of Services.
9. Links To Other Sites / Financial Data
UD may provide links to other websites for User’s convenience and information. Such other websites are not controlled by UD and the User may visit such websites at his/her own risk. These sites may have their own privacy policies in place, which should be reviewed by the User and UD does not assume any responsibility or liability for such other websites, the content of such websites and their privacy practices, nor does UD endorse them. User is encouraged you to familiarize himself/herself with the privacy statements provided by such other websites prior to providing them with any personal or other information or before entering into any transactions on them.
While transacting with other Users of the Site, User may provide his/her financial information including without limitation bank account details, credit card account details or other details pertaining to any payment settlement or pre-paid instrument service provider. User understands, agrees and acknowledges that the Site and UD never receives User’s financial and payment information from these service providers. User’s Information and financial information will be dealt with by these service providers in accordance with their respective privacy policies and other terms and conditions and UD shall not be liable, accountable or responsible for such Information provided by the User to these service providers.
UD uses commercially reasonable industry practices and procedures designed to help keep User’s Information safe. Secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information User submits the same. Furthermore, all of the User data is protected against unauthorized access. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, UD will employ commercially reasonable and practicable security practices and procedures and security methods and technologies. UD will also ensure on reasonable commercial efforts basis that any agent or third party that we employ complies with the same security standards as UD does for the protection of User’s Information.
User’s Information may be transferred to or may be maintained on computers, computer systems and computer resources located outside of User’s state or country where the privacy laws may be different (but no less stringent than the restrictions imposed by Indian law) as those where the User lives/resides. If User is located outside India and chooses to provide information, please be aware that the Site is hosted in India and that UD keeps or transfers information to and from India for storage and processing. Such submission of Information represents User’s agreement to that transfer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although UD strives to protect User’s Information, UD cannot guarantee the security of the Information while it is being transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at User’s own risk. Once UD has received the Information, UD has commercially reasonable procedures and security practices in place to reasonably endeavor to prevent unauthorized access.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to UD. Safeguarding information to help protect the User from identity theft is a top priority. UD does not and will not, at any time, request User’s credit card information or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
13. Contact Us
14. Grievance Officer
If at any time the User believes that UD has not adhered to these principles, please notify UD by e-mail at email@example.com and UD will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.